Monday, October 02, 2006

What's this? An actual blog entry? Are you kidding?

Can it be? An actual blog entry? I know it has been a while since I last "blogged." Now that they keep me busy at work, I have had no actual time to blog. Let's face it. By the time I get home from work, my brain has had enough of thinking. Thus the blog slack-off.

I am lazy. This is a known fact.

It seems like we went from summer straight to winter in just a few days. Just last week, it was still in the 90's and today, it was cold all day long...and rainy. The colder weather is a big break for the firefighters tackling that once-monster fire that has plagued Southern California for nearly a month. Gosh. One day I got off of work and the sky was orange and brown with smoke from the fire. I thought there was a fire here in town, but it was the smoke from the Day Fire, which started near Ojai nearly a month ago and has since burned over 162,000 acres (it was started by someone who was burning trash, and the fire got out of control). It came really close to Lake of The Woods and Frazier Park, which is near where I used to live. Pretty scary. The fire is now over 90% contained, so let's hope it gets put out really soon.

The break in the heat is a welcome relief to me, but I wasn't quite ready for the rain. Damn my bones ache. I hate the rainy season for that reason.

We had our 2nd annual Department All Staff at the Rabobank Arena on Friday. It was an all-day event. It went pretty well. I really liked the guest speakers (Antwone Fisher and Josh Shipp), and my 2 workshops were pretty good. I would have liked the whole event even more had I not had a bad headache that day. There is always SOMETHING that ruins a good day. Grrrr. And, once again, I was shut out of the raffle prizes, although Veronica did win something (you go girl!). When you have like 10-15 prizes for some 1500 people, that is pretty damned good.

Time for bed! I can't wait til Friday when I am off and can sleep in again.

I love sleeping in. I wish I could do it everyday.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger