Friday, December 31, 2004

Out with the old and in with the new....

Year that is....

So long 2004. Hello 2005 ! It is just 11 hours before 2005 officially begins. A lot happened in the world in 2004. Martha Stewart went to prison...Britney Spears got hitched (twice)...Janet Jackson had a "wardrobe malfunction"....Anna Nicole Smith lost all that weight, then lost all that money in a recent court settlement...The Los Angeles Lakers were dethroned ...Scott Peterson was sentenced to death for killing his wife and unborn son..and, of course, the horrible tsunami that killed so many people in Asia. 2004 also saw the loss of many celebrated entertainers such as music genius, Ray Charles and screen legend, Marlon Brando. But 2004 was not without its happy moments. J-Lo got married...again....another season of South Park made tv a happier place...celebrities continued to give their offspring "creative and interesting" (gag) names ..and The Red Sox finally won a World Series after decades and decades of losses. I had a pretty good year myself, really. I took a vacation and got to go to Boston, MA for a week, which was just awesome. I didn't get into any trouble...didn't get any traffic tickets....I lost about 40 pounds and started going to the gym (which I resolve to get my butt back in there once this cold spell is over!!! lol). Nothing really special happened to me this year, but then again, nothing terribly bad happened to me either, so that makes for an ok year by me. So, do I have any New Year's resolutions? Hmmm....well last year I resolved to stop making resolutions because you know those resolutions only stick for like a few weeks after the year begins, then it is back to the old way of doing things. All I can really do is to say I will TRY to : 1) be happier ... 2) stop with the road rage already ... 3) not get any cavities ... 4) be more open about my feelings ... 5) sleep better ... 6) take at least 1 trip somewhere fun ... and 7) enjoy life more. At least those are reasonable goals...if I were to, say, resolve to get engaged, well, that would just be silly of me... lord knows that is not gonna happen! (well one can always wish can't they? lol). If that happens this year, which it won't, I will eat worms....yes, I will eat worms...and then I will drink vinegar and walk outside naked yelling "look at me!" - lol. I will also do that if I win the lotto...good thing those won't happen, because I really don't like the sound of eating worms. (ick). Well, I can only hope that 2005 brings some kind of excitement to my life, because this year was just too boring. Farewell 2004. Let the good times roll.

Happy New Year.....have fun.......but be safe!

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger