Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It wasn't my fault. The speech wasn't there. I swear!

I am blogging at night. What...have I gone nuts? I am, by nature, a morning blogger. I like to start my day by airing my dirty laundry first thing in the morning. But I have been reduced to night blogging. Why? Because at work nowadays, I actually have to...gasp...WORK. What a concept!

Actually, all this work business is actually going ok. I feel more in my element helping out with training the new hire class. Honestly, I was pretty nervous about having to get up in front of the class and having to speak. I HATE public speaking. But, in this case, I actually know what I am talking about, so the pressure is off. WHEW! (Back in high school, I had to make a speech at graduation cuz I was the class Salutatorian, but after I flubbed my speech, everyone was probably either thinking "What the hell were they thinking when they made HER Salutatorian?" or "Awww...how nice. They made a retard the class Salutatorian.") But come when we have to talk about cash aid....well, let's just say I don't have much knowledge on that program. But the trainer does, so we are cool there. Cuz if I have to teach anything about cash aid, the whole class is screwed - lol. Hopefully, I will learn some stuff about cash aid in the process. I hate not knowing everything - hehe.

Back to the high school speech....I have an excuse. I wrote the speech out on paper and gave it to someone who was SUPPOSED to put it on the podium so when I got up there, it would be there. But when I got up there, it was nowhere to be found. To this day, I have no idea what happened to it.

But I digress. I had to clear that up. I am not "special." I just have a bad memory. And an eternal case of bad luck.

Anyway, it is only 2 days into the training class, and who knows what will happen in the next 7 weeks, but it is off to a good start. We have a good group of people who all seem eager to learn all of this stuff required for the job. Which is good, cuz if the class was all bored stiff, I would be bored too. And we can't have me nodding off during class now, can we? ;)

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger