Sunday, March 06, 2005

Oh what a beautiful morning....

I woke up this morning, very, very happy. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and I had a fantastic Saturday, so I was glad that Sunday went equally as great. I saw the movie, Sideways, and it was hilarious, touching, and just one great picture. I think Paul Giamatti deserved an Oscar nod for his tun as Miles, the depressed and sensitive divorcee who is having a hard time letting go of his past. He really was superb in this movie. He should have gotten a nomination. I think he was overlooked...big time. All the other actors were great too, but he was the one who really affected me the most. I would give it 2 thumbs way up! The scenery was beautiful. Seeing the movie makes me want to go wine tasting, and I don't even drink wine.



(Miles and Jack tasting some wine in Sideways)

I had an awesome weekend, for once! Great movie, absolutely wonderful company, and I got to sleep in. That is what a good weekend is all about : )


Miles: "Uh, I don't know, I don't know. Um, it's a hard grape to grow, as you know. Right? It's uh, it's thin-skinned, temperamental, ripens early. It's, you know, it's not a survivor like Cabernet, which can just grow anywhere and uh, thrive even when it's neglected. No, Pinot needs constant care and attention. You know? And in fact it can only grow in these really specific, little, tucked away corners of the world. And, and only the most patient and nurturing of growers can do it, really. Only somebody who really takes the time to understand Pinot's potential can then coax it into its fullest expression. Then, I mean, oh its flavors, they're just the most haunting and brilliant and thrilling and subtle and... ancient on the planet. "
(Miles explaining why he likes Pinot better than all the other wines)

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger