Monday, August 08, 2005

Stupid News Story of The Day

(Oops! I forgot my wife!)


Man forgets wife at Italy petrol station for 6 hrs



ROME (Reuters) - A Macedonian man forgot his wife at an Italian service station and only realised he had driven off without her six hours later, news agency Ansa said on Monday.

The couple, who were travelling with their 4-year-old daughter, pulled over for petrol in the coastal city of Pesaro as they were heading back to their home to Germany.

After filling the tank, the husband drove away, without noticing that his 30-year-old wife, originally from Georgia, had got out of the car to go to the lavatory.

The woman, who had no money or documents with her, contacted the police who eventually traced her husband to Milan, some 340 km (210 miles) north of Pesaro, Ansa said.

The husband told police he hadn't missed his wife because she always sat in the back of the car with their daughter.

Actually, something similar to this actually happened to me in Las Vegas. I was shopping with my mom and my brother (my brother was driving), and when we went to the car, my brother unlocked all the doors, but the back door remained locked. I stood there waiting for him to unlock the door, but he took off without me! I thought he was playing a joke on me, so I stood there waiting for him to come back. When I saw him going out of the parking lot and onto the street, I knew that it wasn't just a joke. It took him and my mom maybe 15-20 minutes to realize that I wasn't in the car and come back for me. At least they came back and got me! Of course, my mom and brother found it very funny that they left me there, and now that I look back at it, it was really funny! But it wasn't funny at the time - lol.

1 comment:

Netter said...

LOL, people have never forgotten me but that is only because I am never quiet...lol. I did have a freind who was on a school bus trip for a speech contest and they stopped at a McDonalds before heading home. She ended up farther back in the line (other schools stopped also) and she was somehow overlooked when they got back on the bus. She said the kid next to her in line said, "Hey, isn't that the Tecumseh bus pulling out without you?" SHe just got her food, ate it and waited. Eventually they went back for her but I don't remember how long she had to wait. JEZ, high school was fun!

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger