Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Blast From The Past




Remember the Hackey Sack? I do. I actually had one. It was a fad, and yes, I followed the fad for a while. We played it at school. We played it at home. We played it every chance we got. Some kids got to be really good at it too. I played it alot, too. That was until I found out that I was just no good at it and then I forgot all about it and moved onto the next fad...yo-yo's, frisbees, whatever was "IN" at the time.

Trivia: The modern footbag was invented by John Stalberger and Mike Marshall in Oregon City, Oregon in 1972. Actually, the name "Hackey Sack" is actually the brand name. The correct term for the game is "footbag."

Link: Wikipedia

2 comments:

Netter said...

I kicked ass at chinese jumprope.

Kimberly said...

I was pretty kick ass at that too. I wonder if they still sell those. lol

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger