Monday, January 08, 2007

Sometimes I wish I was invisible...oh yeah....I already am!

I hate it when a client comes in with an emergency just a few hours before we close. UGH! That has happened to me the last 3 working days...Wednesday, Thursday and today. Today was the worst though. I had a doctor appointment scheduled for 3 pm, which meant that I had to leave by 2:45 at the latest to get there by 3:00. Well, one of my clients comes in at 2:05 and tells me that she has an emergency and needs to get her case granted today so she can get her prescription. Well, this entails of course entering the pending information, running the case, making case comments, turning it in to the supervisor to approve.THEN you have to do an online transaction request and email it to another department and then wait for it to get inputted into that system so you can print her out a temporary medical card. Well, this was all entirely possible for me to accomplish by 2:45 - I am fast! - lol (except for the waiting part - that I left up to the supervisor to do - hehe). But - BUT - NOOOOOOOOO. It was after I had run the case that our computer system decides to up and quit on me - well, on everyone in the building, but it felt like it was targetting me personally! lol - So that left the case is sitting in limbo....but the time kept on ticking. Finally, the damned computer system comes back up and I was able to get the thing done. With no time to spare. I barely made it to my appointment on time. No pressure there.....NONE - HA! I swear my blood pressure must have been sky high by that point. I was so pissed at the computer today. I was really ready to kick it! But I didn't. Somehow I think the IT department would have frowned on that.

Well after that ordeal, I had another one to contend with. I really REALLY am absolutely convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that I am either invisible or completely forgettable. Because when I got to the doctor's office, the receptionist told me I was not on the schedule. GRRRR. She then proceeded to tell me that if I indeed did have an appointment, they would have called to remind me, something they "always" do. (that statement is complete horse doo-doo because there have been several occasions where they hadn't called me....but I digress). Seems funny cuz if I hadn't showed up to my appointment, they would have surely billed me for a missed appointment. She then tells me that they hadn't gotten my referral (HMO's suck ass - GRRRR - but I digress again). So she tells me to have a seat and wait. Then she tells me that my referral , SURPRISE, is actually there and that she can "fit me in." I had a freakin' card with the appointment time and date on it, yet I wasn't on the schedule - INVISIBLE I tell you!!!! Invisible!!!!

So, after about an hour, I was finally seen. Being that my knee hasn't improved any, the doctor gave me a cortisone shot in my knee. It was surprisingly painless .... at first. The initial shot didn't hurt at all. But now.....oh lord. My knee is throbbing. Ouch. I am sitting here with a heating pad on it, debating if I should take an ultracet or not. Shots suck ass! But I hope it makes the damned thing feel better. It has been killing me for months now.

After the appointment, I went out to the reception desk to make my next appointment. The lady told me that she had overheard what happened to me this time and wanted to assure me that I was, in fact, in the computer.

I will believe it when I see it - lol.

I am so cynical.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger