Sunday, March 25, 2007

Not necessarily the news

It has taken me this long to blog about the last round of AI eliminations that happened on Wednesday night. Yeah that damned San-can't sing-jaya is still in there, and they eliminated Stephanie, who actually CAN sing. It just goes to show you that if you put one kid in the audience that will cry when you sing, then you will be safe.

I still maintain that that kid was crying because Sanjaya's singing gave her an instant earache.

I took a drive up to the Carrizo Plain National Monument on Friday, hoping to see another awesome display of wildflowers. But I was disappointed to see very few yet. There were a few patches of goldfields and a few poppies here and there, but it was mostly dry and not very green yet. Guess we need some more rain before the flowers come out. I didn't see any antelope either, but I did see one smallish gopher snake sunning itself on the dirt road. It was maybe 2 feet long. Maybe next time I go up there I will see a few rattlesnakes like I have in the past.

We had a staff meeting on Thursday and the supervisors basically told us that they don't think our 9/80 schedule will be approved this year, so that means no more flex Fridays. Which is freakin' ridiculous because this schedule has been working successfully for the last few years. Why the freakin' board of assholes...I mean supervisors....wants to change it is beyond me. I can tell you that there will be a lot of unhappy employees.....including me...if it happens.

1 comment:

Netter said...

I stopped by my local PierOne Import yesterday....in search of Ginger Peach candles for you. They were out too, but the lady said they were supposed to be getting some more in. They were her favorite too.

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger