Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Random thoughts on a Wednesday night

Sometime I wonder exactly what it is that attracts two people to each other. I suppose it is different for everyone. Some people prefer looks as opposed to a personality, and others are the opposite. Some people like eyes. Some people like chins. Some people like butts (yes, you know who you are - lol). I am not stuck on the whole looks thing, although I do have certain things I like. For example, I like tall guys...well guys who are taller than me. I am short, so that is not a problem (lol) I also like broad shoulders and a strong chin, and of course, the eyes, although I have never seen a guy with ugly eyes....oh, wait a minute. I take that back. Charles Manson....have you seen his eyes??? He has scary eyes. I don't like those! But I certainly never would NOT date a man just because he was short or had narrow shoulders (although I would pass on a man with Charles Manson eyes - lol).

I am more of an internal person I guess. I enjoy a person with a good sense of humor and who is intelligent and can be goofy at times, and serious at others. And these are not just traits that I like in men. I like them in all people, especially my friends. I am a person who enjoys laughing and, at the same time, enjoys thought provoking conversations. There has to be a balance of the two in my life. Life is too serious to be taken so seriously all the time. You have to be able to laugh at yourself when you make a fool of yourself, because gosh knows that EVERYONE at one time or another has done something foolish (and if you are shaking your head at this, then you need a reality check - lol ...Arlene, are you shaking your head? lol) I am a klutz at times, but when I fall, I always pick myself back up, shake off the dust and laugh. Sometimes I think I am my own source of entertainment. I like to be entertained, and I like to entertain. There is nothing better to me than to have a good laugh, especially at work where things can become so tense. I think if people don't laugh once in a while, then they are more likely to get stressed out very quickly. Luckily, I can de-stress myself rather well. But then, you have to take things seriously, too. You can't just laugh your way through life. I am sure even comedians cry once in a while.

Sometimes I see two people walking hand-in-hand, and wonder what brought them together. What chain of events led up to their meeting, and eventual relationship? What do they have in common, and what are their differences? What does she like about him, and what does he not like about her? Where did they meet? What was their first date like? There are so many stories out there that are untold. It is almost like a mystery. I think love and relationships are really like a mystery, becaause first you have to find that someone, and then you have to figure out his or her likes and dislikes. It is like putting pieces of a puzzle together that never gets completed, because people change all the time, and the therefore new pieces are always being added. I think part of the fun of a relationship is finding out about the person, and discovering new things. After all, relationships are learning experiences. Almost like a subject in the school of life. It is not like math, where everything is governed by rules and there are no "almost" answers. But then, I never liked math anyway.

Maybe someday somebody will begin to work on my puzzle. I hope so. I miss being in a relationship. I just like being with someone and sharing myself with that person. I am so much of a nurturing person. There is nothing more satisfying to me than the happiness of those that I care about. Sounds sappy, but it is true. I care more about the welfare of the people I care about than myself. I just want someone around who I can take care of and be there for, and at the same time, be there for me.

Sometimes I think that I think too much and over-analyze things. Which is why I have stopped myself from doing so many things. I need to begin to live and to venture forth and try new things. I just don't think I can do anything that involves being in high places. I am afraid of heights - lol. They are scary. For example, you would never see me here....



Nope....not gonna do that - lol. But I do think it is high time I stop being so self-conscious and just do stuff!!! Now if I could just convince myself to do it.......

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger