Thursday, March 09, 2006

American Idol recap - the guys

Well, last night, it was the guys' turn on American Idol. Gedeon started out strong with "When A Man Loves A Woman." He is quickly becoming one of my favorites. He has a really good, strong voice, and if he gets voted off tonight, I will be shocked.

Chris did a great job of performing Seether's "Broken," although it wasn't as strong a performance as last week's. I wished he would have picked a different song, but he did great nonetheless.

Kevin, however, was not so great. He sang a song called "Starry, Starry Night," which, frankly, nearly put me to sleep. It was very (yawn) boring.

I wasn't really into Bucky's performance of "Wave on Wave," either. I found myself getting bored again really fast (or maybe it was just cuz I was sleepy last night).

Will sang "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You," and although it was a decent enough performance, it wasn't great. Still, it was better than Kevin's.

Taylor, the oldest dude in the competition, went crazy with the dance moves (proving again that white people can't dance), but his vocals on "Takin' It To The Streets" were great. He may be old, but he acts younger than anyone in the competition, and is very entertaining. And he can sing.

Elliott sang a ballad, "Heaven" which was an old favorite of mine when I was a teenager. He did a great job, proving that he can sing, even though Simon said it wasn't such a good performance. What does Simon know anyway?

Ace finished off the night with his performance of "Butterflies", a Michael Jackson song, which I wasn't too crazy about. I am not really into that whole falsetto thing. Still, the judges like him and so do the ladies, so he will no doubt get a lot of votes.

Overall, I liked Gedeon, Chris, Taylor and Elliott the best. I think Kevin and Bucky are gonna be going home with Melissa and Kinnik tonight.

We will see.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger