Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hump Day Happenings

Ah. It's finally hump day. (In all actuality, yesterday was my hump day since I am off on Friday, but I digress).

You would think being hump day that it would be a good day. Well, all I can say is that today started off with a bang, and by bang I don't mean something good.

I was heading out to my car when my foot missed the curb and I fell....yes, fell....smack down on my knees. Ouch. Yes, it was another great Moment of Kim's Clumsiness, that, I am sure if someone had been videotapoing me, would have won 1st place on America's Funniest Home Videos. I am such a klutz!!!! After assessing the damage to my shin, which was bruised, but not bleeding, I continued to walk to my car, giggling to myself despite the pain my shin was in. It was truly a moment of great clumsiness that should go down in the Klutzy Record Books (if they have one).

I got to work ok, and no one pissed me off on the road, which was probably God's way of making up for my bruised shin. I had 2 appointments today: an 8 am phone interview and a 9:30 office interview. Well, my 8:00 didn't answer the phone and there was no answering machine, and my 9:30 checked in at 8:10 this morning. I thought, cool, I will be done with all my appointments early. Well, I went out to call my 9:30, since he had already checked in, but apparently he checked in and then left because he didn't come, depiste me calling him 3 times over the loudspeaker. I guess he had to go smoke or maybe go get something to eat. Who knows.

Well, I went to get breakfast, since Mr 9:30 was nowhere to be found, and got me a biscuit and gravy, an egg and bacon (the Wednesday special in the cafeteria). Now, I loves me some pepper on my eggs and gravy. The more pepper, the better. I grabbed a packet and went downstairs to my desk to enjoy my breakfast (breakfast is a rare treat for me these days since I am usually too busy in the morning to eat), and I went to open my pepper packet and to my surprise, there was like maybe 10 granules of pepper in there. What the heck happened to the rest of the pepper???? (and no, it hadn't been opened). Saddned by this unexpected event, I opened the pepper packet and sprinkled the meager contents onto my eggs. Sigh. Next time, I will check the pepper before I go downstairs!

This afternoon, I have to go to the opthamologist and have my eyes checked, which means they are gonna dilate them and make them hurt. I hate going to this appointment. At least it is only every 6 months. I am not looking forward to that.

I wonder how the rest of the day will go. I figure as long as I don't fall again, I will be fine - lol.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger