Tuesday, August 22, 2006

He really should have listened to his friends

I just finished watching a Japanese horror movie called Audition.I won't spoil the story for those who haven't seen it, but let me tell you, it is not something for the squeamish. Those Japanese sure know how to make a person REALLY uncomfortable watching their films. Yikes. Talk about your psycho chicks!

It starts of pretty slow, and you wouldn't even think it was supposed to be a horror movie. But little by little, darker elements come out and by the time the movie is over, you are left thinking, "what the hell did I just watch???" At least, that is what I thought.

It was a decent movie, though not nearly as grisly as I thought it would be - Hostel and Wolf Creek were just as gory. But there is something about the way the Japanese do their horror movies which make them all the more scary. There is that unknown element. They don't let you know from the beginning that this is going to be a gore-fest. They let you think, "Awww. This is such a nice movie..." then wham.........someone loses an ear. I don't know what it is, but their horror movies are REALLY creepy. And that is why I like them ;)

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger