Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Gripes



I am sleepy.

This morning, I slept thru my alarm. That was the first time I have ever done that. Luckily, I woke up in time to get dressed and get to work. I slept pretty well last night for the first time in quite a while, even though I didn't go to bed til after midnight. These 5-6 hours-of-sleep-nights are catching up to me. Despite my sleepiness, I have been pretty busy all morning with stuff. My old boss has me reading cases to help her out, and I have the trainees coming to me with their questions. Luckily today the technology is working and there are no computer malfunctions to speak of at the moment (I probably just jinxed myself by saying that).

I am pissed.

There were maybe 3 good rock radio stations in Bakersfield ... just 3. One of those 3 is a classic rock radio station. But 3 is enough to satisfy my need for rock music when I am driving to and from work. So you can imagine how pissed I was when I went to change the radio station to 93.1 and found out that it had been changed to some crappy station called Pirate Radio. Now, I don't know who exactly came up with this name, because back in the day, something called "Pirate Radio" meant "good music not found on mainstream rock stations." This so-called "Pirate Radio" station plays music not found on mainstream rock stations for a good reason ... because it sucks! As I was driving home yesterday, I heard this ecclectic mix of songs coming from my car stereo... Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved," Janet Jackson's "Nasty Boys," and Bon Jovi's "Living On A Prayer." Is it just me, or are these 3 songs that just don't go together? I guess this station is for people who can't make up their mind what kind of music they like.

I am hungry.

It is time to go get me some lunch. I wonder what overpriced gourmet meals they have up in the cafeteria today?

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger