Thursday, May 05, 2005

Rain, migraines and earthquakes


I had such a headache today. A migraine to be specific. After 2 Tylenol Arthritis and 2 migraine pills that I got from Lydia, my old supervisor, my head was still pounding. So Lydia told me to go home and rest. I got home about 3 pm, and went straight to bed and woke up around 7 pm. My head feels so much better now. I think I needed that nap!

It was pouring down rain today. I heard some thunder but didn't see any lightning. I love to watch the lightning, but only if I am indoors or in my car - lol. We don't get much lightning in Bakersfield though. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and on Monday, too. It is not feeling much like May yet.





Around 7:30 tonight, I was lying in bed, talking on the phone when I felt the bed start shaking. Yep...another earthquake. This one about 25 miles from here and a 4.1 on the Richter Scale. It was just a little tremor, and didn't knock anything off the shelves or anything.

Preliminary Earthquake Report
U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver


Magnitude 4.1

Date-Time Friday, May 06, 2005 at 02:29:09 (UTC) - Coordinated Universal Time

Thursday, May 05, 2005 at 07:29:09 PM local time at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Location 35.03N 119.18W
Depth 6.8 kilometers
Region CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
Reference 40 km (25 miles) SSW of Bakersfield, California
70 km (40 miles) W of Tehachapi, California
80 km (50 miles) S of Delano, California
445 km (275 miles) SSE of SACRAMENTO, California


http://earthquake.usgs.gov/

It was quite the interesting day today, to say the least.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger