Wednesday, March 15, 2006

American Idol recap

Last night's American Idol got off to a slow start, and at first I thought, "Ugh...what is with these people?" Ace's performance, I thought, just sucked. He was off key and flat a couple of times, but the audience and judges, except for Simon (of course) seemed to think he did ok. He better shape up, cuz his pretty face can only take him so far. Kellie....oh Kellie. Where do I start? She was just boring...yawn. I thought I was going to fall into a coma listening to her. Normally, I like her, but not last night. Elliott, though, did pretty well. I like him for some reason. Mandisa, of course, did well, even though it wasn't as strong as her previous performances. Bucky, a singer who I don't like as well, actually did a decent performance last night. He still lacks the vocal chops of some of the others, but it looked like he was having a good time on stage.

Melissa...hmm...She did an ok job, even though she forgot some of the lyrics. It wasn't as great as the judges made her out to be, but it was ok. Just ok. Not great. Not bad. It was ok. Lisa did a great job on her song. She is the youngest one in the competition, but she is a stronger singer than many. Kevin....oh geez. Why is he still in the competition? His version of "Part Time Lover" made me want to change the channel. It was terrible! I guess he has the baby face thing going for him, but c'mon! They are supposed to be judged on singing not cuteness.

The final singers of the night, Katharine, Taylor, Paris and Chris, all did fantastic jobs. Now Katharine, she can sing. When she was singing, for the first time that night I thought, "Now this is what the show is about! Singing!" She has some vocal chops on her. Taylor, despite his hair, is just awesome. He was amazing last night. He can sing and he can get the crowd going. He has a lot of appeal. Paris did a great job too. Even though she is young, she can sing. But Chris, he topped them all. He just rocks. I think he will win the whole thing. I was wondering how he would pull off a Stevie Wonder song, since you don't really associate Stevie with hard rock, but man, he did it!

So, who's going to go home? Well, it will probably be either Bucky or Kevin, but since Kevin has that whole "I'm too cute to be sent home" thing going for him, it will probably be Bucky.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger