Monday, April 03, 2006

Sounds like a case of the Mondays

Mondays can kiss my ass. I hate them. I don't have any one, specific reason for my Monday hatred. The main one, I guess is that it signals a beginning to a new week at work, which means no sleeping in. That is the biggest reason. But this Monday sucks even more cuz of the whole daylight savings time thing which has robbed me of an hour of sleep and has completely screwed up my waking up schedule. I used to be able to wake up automatically at 6 am and then see the clock and know that I had that extra half hour of semi-sleep coming to me. But with the time change, I didn't wake up til the alarm went off. No extra lounging time. No. I had to get right out of bed and get ready for work. True, I am gonna like having that extra hour of daylight after work, but I value my sleeping in time, and anything that cuts into my sleeping in time must be caught and destroyed immediately!

And yes, I am turning 34 tomorrow. Ugh. I think I stopped enjoying birthdays after I turned 21, but after I turned 30, I enjoyed them less and less. My folks don't even bother with a cake anymore. I think they are too afraid of the potential fire hazard from all those candles. Nope. It is just another day in the life for me. No celebration. No singing "happy birthday." No balloons. And especially no clowns!!! Yuk!

I am so gosh darned tired today. I feel like taking a nap during lunch (a true sign of old age). I am THAT tired. I think this time change thing is responsible for my lackluster attitude today. And today is Monday (yes, I have a case of "The Mondays", so bite me). And maybe cuz it is rainy outside and starting to get windy. It's not very motivation-inducing when the skies are gray and your body is groggy. No sireee.

Today is just a blah day all-around.

I blame it on Monday.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger