Thursday, August 31, 2006

Funny Stuff From Dave Barry

"There comes a time when a man must go into the wilderness and face one of mankind's oldest, and most feared, enemies: trout. For me, that time came recently in Idaho, where I go every summer. Many people thing Idaho is nothing but potato farms, but nothing could be further from the truth.: There are also beet farms. No, seriously, Idaho is a beautiful state that offers - to quote Emerson - 'nature out the bazooty.' This includes many rivers and streams that allegedly team with trout. I say 'allegedly' because until recently I never saw an actual trout, teeming or otherwise. People were always pointing at the water and saying, 'Look! Trout!' But I saw nothing. I wondered if these people were like that creepy little boy in the movie The Sixth Sense who had the supernatural ability to see trout."

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger