Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sleep...my kingdom for some sleep!

Another night has come and gone, and still I can't manage to sleep thru the night. Even with the new meds. I guess I need to give it some time to start working, but I expect results NOW. Am I asking for too much? Probably. I just want to go thru a day....ONE day...where I don't feel like a zombie because I haven't had enough sleep. I managed to fall asleep ok last night, around 11:30, but then I woke up at 1 am, and then again at 3 am, and again at 5:30, and by then, I had just given up on sleeping and just lay in my bed with my eyes shut until I HAD to get up at 6:30. I said that I just laid in bed with my eyes shut because I wasn't really sleeping. Sleeping means that you are oblivious of what is going on around you. But I could hear every tick of the clock, every little squeaking of my hamster's wheel, and the muted sound of my neighbor's music. Yes, he was playing his music again last night ALL night long , but at least it wasn't really loud. Plus, I was thinking about what I could do to make this day go by smoothly. Trying to come up with a game plan.

I was supposed to be filling in for another worker's appointments today. Today is recertification day for the minor consent people, and the normal worker is out. I had to do this last month as well, and it was a nightmare. I was so preoccupied with trying to figure out a way to make it go smoother this time, that my brain would not stop thinking. Thus, the lack of sleep. However, I found out today that I didn't have to do it after all. Another worker had already been taken off schedule to fill in. Had I known this in advance, I may have actually slept last night. Grrrrrr.

I have one of those overactive minds. The kind that won't stop working at night. I will lay in bed thinking about what I have to do the next day, or the next week, or even far off into the future. I will think about things of the past and better ways of doing those things in the future. I will lay in bed thinking of new ways to do things or things I want to do or places I want to go.I will dwell on things like, "Did I lock the door?" Sometimes I will convince myself that I didn't lock the door and I will have to get up and check it (of course, it is ALWAYS locked). And I will think about these things for hours! I wish I would not think so much! I wonder if there is a pill to take to shut off your thoughts - lol. Speaking of pills, why can't they make ones that taste better? Why do they have to be so bitter and nasty tasing? But I digress.

I keep getting phone calls from some dude who asks for a dude named Charlie. It is not just 2 or 3 times this dude has called....he has called my number over 10 times in the past 2 months (yes, I have been keeping track). I am not Charlie! I wasn't Charlie the last 10 times you called, nor am I Charlie now. I am KIM! My voice mail even says my name. The other night, my phone rang at 2 am and it was that dude asking for Charlie again. Grrr. I told him I wasn't Charlie and that I didn't know any Charlie. Apparently that didn't work, cuz yesterday, the dude called me 2 more times asking for Charlie. I AM NOT CHARLIE, DAMNIT!

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger