Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Well, I am back to work after being off for 2 weeks. Can I get a "whoop whoop"? Just kidding. While I am not thrilled at the prospect of having to get up early every morning just to come here and spend 10 hours at work, I am also glad there is air conditioning here, since it is freakin' hot outside! It is not even 10 am yet and it is already 95 degrees outside. I went to bed last night around midnight and it was still 93 degrees outside. It is supposed to be 109 today with a low of 82. I would like to know just exactly when this "low" occurs. 3 a.m.? 4 a.m.? Why is it only cooler when I am alseep? That is just plain wrong! You know it is even more wrong when the news that it will "cool off" to the mid 90's is considered good news. It is supposed to be a "chilly" 92 on Sunday, then it will slowly go back up to the 100's again. Damned summer weather. Summers can kiss my sunburned, sweaty ass.

I took yesterday off as a vacation day to recuperate from the traveling and also because I had a doctor's appointment and had to go to the post office to pick up my mail. But, yesterday, it turns out, just wasn't my day. First, I go to the doctor's office, only to find that they had moved. I called them and the receptionist said they had mailed out postcards to let everyone know they moved. Well, since I was out of town for 2 weeks, I had no clue. So I had to reschedule my appointment to this afternoon, which means I have to drag my ass into my hotter than hot car in the afternoon to drive all the way across town for a 15 minute appointment. It will take me longer to drive there than it will take for the doctor to hand me my referral to the opthomologist (since that is the only reason I have to go to him anyway).

The mail......oh the mail. They never get anything right. I went to the post office yesterday to pick up my mail, since I had placed a vacation hold on it and stated that I would pick it up on July 24th. Well, I got there and they told me there was no mail back there for me. There was also no mail in my mailbox. So where my mail went is a mystery. It will probably all show up at once. Who knows. All I know is that this is the 2nd time the vacation hold thing got screwed up on my mail.

After the whole doctor's office and post office fiascos, I decided it was time for lunch. I went to El Pollo Loco to get a Pollo Bowl and some churros. So I went thru the drive-thru and got my food and when I got home I discovered that my churros were AWOL. Oh well. It just wasn't my day I guess.

I finally got around to posting my travel narrative on my blog. Click HERE to read all about it and to see pictures. It is long. You have been warned.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger