Saturday, March 26, 2005

Well, last week was so-so. Nothing really new, nothing really old. Just nice and easy and drama free. There were some rumors going around work about 2 people getting caught having sex at work in one of the interview rooms (don't they know there is no sex in the Champagne Room??) and then that someone has crabs at work and they had to close down one of the bathrooms at work to disinfect it...makes one wonder if the 2 incidents are related in any way - hmmm. Also makes you think twice about public bathrooms! Ewwwwwww. Of course, I cannot verify or disprove any of these rumors, as they are just rumors.

Of course, the LA Lakers are royally sucking this year. They have a dismal 32-36 record thus far, and are in 10th place in the Western Conference. I guess there is always next year. On the other hand, Miami is in 1st place in the Eastern Conference. Guess the team needed Shaq after all.

Terry Schiavo is still hanging onto life, but they doubt she will make it much longer. Poor woman. It is bad enough that she is in a vegetative state, but to have her feeding tube taken out and put back in (like what was done before) and then to only have it taken out again...it is just wrong. I can't say I agree with the decision to take it out, as she had no living will, but then, I would certainly hope my parents would not let me live like that if I were in her place. If she truly did not want to live like that, then it is the right decision. But no one knows, because she can't tell anyone. That is tough. I only hope she dies in peace and not in pain.

Arlene is off at the beach right now with her man probably having a great time, while I am here in Bakersfield. You suck, Arlene!!! Just kidding.....I am happy for you !!! :)

I spent the day today with Alicia shopping and helping her make baby shower favors. It was so much fun! I love being creative - lol.

The CSI marathon was on all day Friday, and since I had Friday off, I was in CSI heaven. I love that show!! It was a CSI-filled Friday for me :)

We'll see how this upcoming week goes. Veronica is leaving us at DHS to go to KMC sometime soon. Gonna miss the morning breakfast runs and just seeing her face around the place. Won't be the same without her :( We are getting 2 more trainees this week in our unit, which means more work for me (which is good!!) And that means 2 more people from my unit will be moving out and moving on to bigger and better caseloads - lol. Well, hopefully better, but bigger for sure!

I have 2 doctors appointments this upcoming week....one to find out the results of my biopsies (on Monday) and the other with my rheumatologist. I know my results will be just fine. It just pisses me off that they can't tell me the results over the phone. Instead, I have to take sick leave to go to the doctor and pay the $15 copay just to hear that I am ok and to come back in a few months for a follow up - ugh! Damned doctors! All this HIPAA (privacy laws) crap is just another way for them to get more money out of you! But, I am not bitter...not at all! (wink wink)

Well, hope everyone has a happy Easter and that everyone has fun looking for eggs and eating candy. As for me, I will be sleeping in and visiting my parents tomorrow. Not exciting, but it should be fun anyway.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger