Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Feelin' funky

I'm in a sort of funk lately. I can't get motivated to do anything, thus my unmade bed and some of last week's laundry still on hangers on my doorknob. My computer is misbehaving as well. For some reason, I can't get my cd-rom drive to load up any cd-rom programs or play any audio cds. UGH! Sometimes I feel like the force is against me - lol. I got some new programs at home (before the cd drive debacle happened) for my computer, and I have been trying to learn how to use em. I got Photoshop 7, Paint Shop Pro 8 and Adobe Illustrator. I like art and I want to learn to make some graphics (yes, I am a geek). That is the only motivation I have had as of late. I sit and try to write sometimes, but I can't think of anything good to write. And sometimes when I do write, it seems pretty good at the time, but then when I go to read it later on, it seems like crap. I dunno. Maybe I am too hard on myself.

The truth is, I haven't written a poem or story in months. I haven't even sketched anything in the last few months, aside from my doodles at work. I get obsessed with things for a while, then get bored and find something new to get obsessed over. Like drawing...I was drawing all the time for a while...then I started in on writing... then playing guitar...then it was computer stuff. I wish I could just find something to do and stick with it - lol.

I am always sleepy these days. I think I have become somewhat jaded as far as work goes. It was nice at first to not have to deal with cases and clients, but sometimes I get so bored. There are only so many games I can play...(and Yahoo only has one new crossword puzzle per day - lol). Still, I would rather not be overloaded with work again. I would like to obtain some kind of happy medium...not too much work, but not too little. People will probably think I am crazy for wanting work - lol. I do get to be in charge of the decorating for the 4th of July in our unit. That is something right up my alley - hehe.

Here it is, Wednesday...Hump Day. It feels like it should be Friday already. This week is dragging along....crawling along more like it. And it is not even 3 pm yet. Sheesh. Why does time never fly when you are doing something you don't like doing, but fly by too fast when you are enjoying yourself? One of life's little unfairnesses I guess.

I can't wait for my vacation! I really can't. I am so looking foward to not having to get up early in the morning just to go to work. Even if it is only for a week or so. Plus, I get to see the Grand Canyon for the first time. I know it doesn't seem like much, but to me, it is a lot. I am gonna take so many pictures! Also, I may go back to Yosemite next weekend, since all of the roads (except Tioga Rd) are now open. I love that place. It is so pretty there. Chris talked about it, so we'll see what happens.

Ok, I have blabbed on for long enough. Time to get back to work.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger