Monday, June 06, 2005

Quickies

Why do people, including myself, say something is "as funny as hell"? Hell isn't funny. I can see why people say "mad as hell", but not "funny as hell." Hell is only funny if you are crazy. Charlie Manson is crazy. Maybe he thinks hell is funny, but then he's Charlie Manson. I am not going to say something is "as funny as Charlie Manson." Even though that makes about as much sense as saying "funny as hell."

The same goes for sayings like, "I would bend over backwards for you." I think that would only be useful if you really wanted to see some acrobatics and there wasn't a circus in town. I don't think it would help in situations like, let's say, you needed a ride to work. Bending over backwards can only take you so far.

I never got the expression, "by the skin of my teeth" either. As far as I can tell, teeth don't have any skin.

Speaking of teeth, want to hear something stupid I did when I was a kid? (even if you don't want to hear, I am still writing it here, so there...)... I watched this movie called Endangered Species when I was a kid. Well, I kinda snuck out of bed, and peeked while my parents were watching it. There was a scene where this guy sneaks in this other guy's bathroom and puts some kind of poison on his toothbrush. The guy brushes his teeth, and later on, he starts bleeding from his mouth and he ends up one big, dead, bloody mess. I was so freaked out by that, that I didn't brush my teeth for a month.

And what about these children's songs? I was searching for some childrens' song midi files to put on my friend's weblog, and I found some "cute" ones, including "Rockabye Baby." The music is cute and all, but when you think about the lyrics, you realize that it is one sick, twisted song.

Rockabye baby, on the tree top
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock, (so far, so good)
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby, cradle and all. (WTF!!!)

Ok...I gotta stop thinking! I tend to ramble on too much - hehe.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger