Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pet Peeves, American Idol and Pictures!

So, last night's American Idol took place in San Francisco. It was, as Randy put it, weird. There were some good performances. I liked the girl whose mom was a vocal coach. She had a great voice. But, there was the dude who was singing a Michael Jackson song which sounded nothing like the real song. I keep asking myself WHY? Why do these people think they sound good??? I don't know that answer. But I seriously hope these people go home and record themselves and listen to how badly they sing. Maybe then they will focus their attention on either getting vocal lessons or just turning to something else. I really think some of these people go on American Idol, knowing full well that they can't sing, intending to create some drama or maybe to hope they will be the next William Hung. Here's a tip for those people....stay home!

I still don't know why I am so addicted to this show. I think I have been brainwashed.
Simon was being an ass last night. He even got up and walked out, which was lucky for the last guy, because Simon would have undoubtedly said something way out of line to him (he was a terrible singer).

Anyway, it is Thursday and I am off tomorrow which means I get a 3-day weekend. Whoooopeeee! I have got to go to the post office tomorrow to mail Cyndi's package (yes, Cyndi, you will be getting your Christmas present before your birthday - LOL!) and I need to get the oil changed in my car, too. I still can sleep in though...and that is always a big plus.

Chris mentioned trying again to go to Big Sur this weekend and camping. I don't know though. I am not sure I am ready to go camping in the winter when the lows are in the low 40's and the highs are in the low 60's. It might be too brrrrr for me. But we'll see. I would LOVE to go there. The pictures I see of it are amazing. I hear there is lots of poison oak around there though....the thought of that makes me itchy!

I FINALLY posted all of my snow and Santa Barbara pictures on my Yahoo photo album and my pics from my Santa Barbara trip last weekend on my travel blog (click HERE to see). (yes, I know it is about time - I was sick on Monday - give me a break!)

On a completely unrelated note, I have a new pet peeve. You know when you are waiting for the elevator and have already pushed the button to call the car and the button lights up? Well, how come people who come to the elevator insist on pushing the button again after you have already pressed it? Do they honestly think the elevator is going to come quicker if you push the button again and again? The button has been pressed. The wheels have been set in motion. Let it be, people. Let it be. I think I know how to press a button....grrrrrrrrr.

Well, I better get back to work. My 9:30 interview is late...hmmmmm...I hate when they are late. It backs up my whole schedule....grrrrr.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger