Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Get down with the sickness

I hate being sick.

I hate it with a passion that cannot be sated. I really do. There is just no fun in being hot and sweaty on minute and then so cold that your teeth are chattering the next. I was freakin' sick yesterday, so I stayed home from work. No sense in spreading my germs around to other people. I couldn't have even lasted for more than 15 minutes at work anyway. But, I will spare you the nasty details of my bout with the flu. You can thank me later.

For me, being sick is a personal thing. I don't like people to see me all hunched over the toilet, sweating and coughing and all that jazz. I mean, how embarassing! I like to be left alone. I don't want people waiting on me or hanging around and asking how I feel. Not that I don't appreciate people for keeping me in their thoughts or anything. I just don't like people making a big fuss over me. I like to be sick alone. But yesterday, I almost caved in and called my mom to bring me some 7-Up. I was thisclose to doing it, but I relented. I ended up putting on some sweats, putting my hair up in a ponytail and put some sunglasses on and went to Vons to get me some myself.

I know. I am an idiot.

I just knew that if I had called my mom, she would be calling me like every hour to see how I was doing. Not that that is a bad thing. I was just tired and wanted to sleep. And I know my mom gets worried and there is no sense in making her worry when it was just a 24 hour bug.
Still, I appreciate people who will take the time out of their day to lend a hand when needed, and I know my mom is one of those people. Both my parents are. You can always rely on them in a pinch. And I am very grateful for that.

I know, I took a walk on the sappy side today, but I am still feeling a little weak and blah, so cut me some slack, Jack. I will be back to my usual cranky, road-raging, bitchy state soon.

I promise.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger