Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Tis the season for award shows

I watched the Critics Choice Awards last night, mostly because nothing else of interest was on, and partly because I kinda wanted to see who would win.

It was a decent awards show...not as fancy-schmancy as the Oscars, yet not as hokey as the MTV Movie awards. I was very happy that the cast of Crash took home the award for Best Acting Ensemble. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it is a brilliant movie. Rent it...now! You won't be disappointed. It would have to say that of all the movies I saw last year, Crash was THE best.

I was also glad to see Paul Giamatti win for Best Supporting Actor (for Cinderella Man) He was royally screwed over by the academy last year when he was not nominated for his performance in Sideways. (grrrr)

Dakota Fanning won for Best Younger Actress for her performance in War of The Worlds. I haven't seen the movie, but Dakota is just too cute. She was so adorable while making her acceptance speech.

Brokeback Mountain won for Best Director (Ang Lee), Best Supporting Actress (Michelle Williams - it is nice to see those Dawson's Creek kids all grown up - hehe), and Best Picture. I haven't seen it yet, but after all the awards and nominations it has been receiving, I sure want to see it. Especially after all the controversy (like a theatre in Utah refusing to show it) and those idiots protesting outside the award show (holding signs that had such intelligent phrases as "No homo on the range" on them - sheesh), it just makes me want to see it even more. Besides, Jake Gyllenhaal is in it and everyone knows how much I adore him and his eyes - lol.

The show was pretty good, but I always wonder why they save the big awards (Best Actor, Best Director and Best Picture) for last. It seems like the shows always run out of time toward the end and the last few winners have to struggle to hurry up and finish their speeches before they are so rudely cut off. Let them finish their speeches. Some of these people may never win another award. I would be so pissed if that ever happened to me. Like last night...as the producer for Brokeback Mountain was saying her acceptance speech, they started to roll the credits. Grrrrr....how rude.

Anyway, I am gonna have to see Brokeback Mountain one of these days.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger