Monday, January 09, 2006

When backpacking thru Europe, stay away from the hostile hostels.

I went to Santa Maria over the weekend. Nice, sunny weather, though slightly chilly and breezy. Chris and I went to lunch at this place in Guadalupe called the Far Western Tavern. I had a yummy french dip sandwich with onion rings - mmmmm. It was yummy, yummy for my tummy. It is a cool restaurant and good food, too .

We went to see Hostel on Saturday evening. Damn, that was a good movie. Full of blood and guts and gore galore! I know, Cyndi...you told me not to "right" (HAHAHA) a bloody review of this movie, but too bad! Just teasing...I won't go into too much detail, since I don't wanna blow the ending for everyone. Trust me. It's good. It is all about these 3 guys who are backpacking across Europe. They plan on ending up in Barcelona eventually, but they don't quite make it there. They end up going to this hostel in some Slovakian city based on the promises of hot women and lots of sex...hey, what man would turn that offer down?

Anyway, after what seems to be a good start to their visit, things start to turn bad when one of their buddies turns up missing. Soon after, another one of them turns up missing. Now it is just Paxton (played by Jay Hernandez) who is left and he is starting to get suspicious.

The usual murder and mayhem follow, but there is a twist...You eventually find out what is happening to the visitors in the town, and it is not pretty. Paxton will pay a high price to find out what happened to his friends. Will he make it out alive? Well, I guess you will have to see the movie to find out. hehehe. (Sorry, but I hate it when people ruin the movie for me by telling me what happens before I see it).

On Sunday, Chris and I went to Klondike's Pizza in Santa Maria. They have the best pizza there. We always get the Denali pizza, which is basically their "everything goes" pizza. They sure don't skimp on the toppings there. I had 3 slices and then I was done. My tummy was getting revenge on me for eating too much and drinking too much root beer. I thought I was gonna hurl, but, fortunately, I didn't. Whew!

This upcoming weekend is a 3-day weekend (would've been a 4-day weekend, but I said I would put in some OT on Friday ... oh why do I have to be so nice????) Chris mentioned maybe going to Big Sur and camping out there. I haven't been to Big Sur since I was a kid. Should be fun!!!

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger