Wednesday, February 01, 2006

American Idol and insomnia go hand in hand

I can't get motivated to work this morning. Maybe it is because I haven't yet finished my caffeine-filled Dr Pepper yet. I opened it at 8 am and it is still half-full 3 hours later. Damn, I am a slow drinker. Or maybe it is because I got very little sleep last night. Insomnia was my best friend last night. Hopefully, it will be a distant memory tonight.

Die, insomnia, die!

Oh my gosh. I almost forgot about last night's American Idol. It was only fitting that one of the worst singers on last night's show was from my home town of Bakersfield. Yes, the very first contestant - you know, that fake Jamaican guy with his wig and fake accent - was from Bakersfield. How funny! You would think that he would be all hick and rednecky coming from Bakersfield. At least that woulda been more realistic than a Jamaican Bakersfield-ian.

You would think that in a city like Las Vegas, there would be a lot more talent. But apparently not. Only 11 people made it through to the next round. There were some realllllll bad singers on there. Like that psychic woman's sister. Ok, she was better than her sister (the "psychic" who sang last season and said that she would make it to the top 10....she lost 2 careers in the same night on that prediction)...but that is not saying much. Hell, she had her psychic sister as her vocal coach...the one who can't sing! I am not psychic, but even I predicted that she would not make it. Having someone who cannot sing as a vocal coach is just a bad idea all around.You would think that being a psychic, she shoulda known this.

Oh, and then the woman who said she sounded like Aretha Franklin. More like Aretha's tone-deaf cousin. God, that woman was even giving me a headache.

And what is with the people who say they have "perfect pitch" and "good tone"? Have they ever listened to themselves sing for crying out loud? I am not a vocal coach. I don't even know how to sing. But even I can tell that those people's pitch is far from perfect!

Well, my mom called me yesterday and told me that the doctor found multiple tumors in my grandma's lungs and that they would have to do some biopsies to determine if they are malignant or not. But that they were not going to operate. I hope they turn out to be benign. I really do. I know my grandma is near 90 years old now and that her time on earth is limited as it is, but I don't want her to have cancer. That stuff is so bad. She is already taking Vicodin for the pain and she has been getting very thin. Her white cell count was high, and that, along with the weight loss, is not a good sign. But I am still thinking positive.I don't want my grandma to die I guess they will find out soon whether or not it is cancer. (must think positive!!!)

Ugh. What a downer. I kept thinking about her last night, which was probably why I couldn't sleep.

Hopefully the rest of the week will turn out better. Hopefully.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger