Thursday, February 02, 2006

Keep Austin weird!

It is getting closer to Friday...I can feel it. It is only 9:45 and I am already done with my one appointment for today. That makes me happy. But knowing that I still have almost 8 more hours left in this work day makes me very sad . I would much rather be back home in bed doing absolutely nothing. But then, my bed is so cumfy, how can you blame me??

As I was watching American Idol last night, I couldn't help but to wonder where the talent was hiding. It seems like all of these tone-deaf, shower-singers with absolutely no modesty whatsoever come into the audtions, either just to say they were on tv or because they actually think they can sing. Or maybe they are forced on there because they lost a bet. I often wonder if there are some truly talented singers out there who are just too shy to go onto American Idol. At least that is what I hope. There has to be more talent out there than what I saw coming from Austin, Texas last night.

There was the guy who thought he could dance and sing with the best of them (yes, he did do the splits on tv - not many guys can do that). Sadly, his splits were the only entertaining part of his audition. His singing was....well, horrible.

Then there was the girl who sang Christmas songs in hopes of winning a ticket to Hollywood. All it really did was to get her shut out of every Christmas caroler group in her hometown.

Then there was Tessie...the girl with the ponytails. The girl who said Simon would love her. Oh good lord. What was she thinking??? Was she even thinking at all??? How on earth could she possibly think she could sing? And what was her mother doing letting her go on that show? I thought mothers were supposed to protect their kids from embarassments like that. Good grief! At least the judges were kind to her. But, she didn't take it very well.

I felt bad for the girl who said her plane nearly crashed. I was hoping she would do well. Sadly, she didn't. The judges liked her personality enough to give her a second chance, but even that didn't help her.

There were a few good singers. Like the music major (I think Ricky was his name). He did a good job. As did that RJ guy. He sang well. I just didn't like his ladies-man attitude. What a stuck up jerk he was. I was hoping he would sing really, really bad (hehe).

Only 12 people made it through to Hollywood. 12. 12 people out of 5000. Those weren't very good odds. But then in a city whose motto is, "Keep Austin weird" (as Cyndi told me), what can you expect? They definitely were taking their motto seriously!

Gosh, I hope this day goes by fast. I can't wait to go home. I go to work everyday thinking "Gee, I can't wait to get back home." (lol) Tonight is CSI night, plus a brand-spankin' new episode of MXC, and, of course, The Office.

Definitely must-see-tv.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger