Monday, February 13, 2006

A case of the Mondays

"Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays," to quote the greatest work movie ever made, Office Space.

Yep, I have a case of the Mondays alright. God, I hate Mondays. I know I have said this time and time again, but I am saying it again, just so that everyone on the planet will know. I hate Mondays.

I have been in such a bad mood these past few days. Granted, with all that is going on with my grandma, one can expect me to be more than slightly melancholy. But I have been plain grumpy! And for this, there is no real excuse (no, it is not PMS time, so I can't use that excuse....damnit!) Every driver that drives a little too slow or that feels the need to speed past me pisses me off. This morning I rejoiced as I saw a speeder get pulled over by a cop. Oh blessed day. When a driver speeds past me and cuts me off, I have no sympathy for that driver. I hope he got a nice, fat ticket...with extra relish.

Even at home I have no patience. I about screamed yesterday afternoon when a box kept falling over that I had put up several times already that day. Grrrr. And last night, I was ready to kill.....yes KILL...my downstairs neighbors, not for loud music, but for their loud yelling and laughing. Why must people shout at someone when the object of their shouting is less than 10 feet away from them? Why?

Yeah, I have definitely been cranky...well, crankier than usual (hehe). Someone needs to just haul off and slap me a good one to bring me back to reality. I have been in such a daze lately.

My mom called today and told me that my grandma is really starting to go downhill. The doctor thinks she could be gone in as soon as a few days. I hope to God that I make it back in time to see her. I am going back over on Thursday night and am taking all of next week off from work, too. The selfish part of me wants her to hang on so I can see her again. But mostly, I just don't want her to suffer anymore. I got to talk to her for a few minutes today, and I could barely understand but a little bit of what she was saying, but just hearing her voice was all that mattered to me. Although she did sound glad to hear that I would be back on Thursday night. I sent her some flowers and a little teddy bear for Valentine's Day, too, and she got them this afternoon. I hope they made her smile.

I am so tired of writing depressing blogs, but I think sometimes it does help me to get this stuff out. I know my parents are already dealing with enough stress as it is. I want to be the strong person for them as much as for my grandma. I want them to know I will be there for them whenever they need me. And I think they know that.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger