Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday...Monday

Monday is here, which means my week off is over. I say "week off" because it wasn't really a "vacation" in the true sense of the word. The word "vacation" implies that you took time off to do something fun and exciting or just took time off to relax. True, I did go to Big Sur, but that was just during the 3-day weekend. My actual time off was neither fun nor relaxing. So I don't count that as a "vacation."

I came back to work of course. I have worked through 4 cases already and have a few more I need to work on my desk. I am glad I didn't have any face to face interviews today. Gives me more time to work on cases.

My grandma's funeral was on Saturday. It was a nice service, and one my grandma would have appreciated. There were quite a few people there, and many I haven't seen for years and years. My cousin, Amy, was one of them. I hadn't seen her for probably 20 or so years (except in pictures - lol). I remember her as a little girl and being quite a brat (lol). But she seemed really nice and mature now, and it makes me wish I would have kept in touch with her. I also saw my uncle Eldon and he was as smart-assy as ever - lol. He is a hoot and a half. His daughter, LaVon, drove the both of them down. Gosh, I hadn't seen her since I was just a little kid. I remember going to her place once in Palas Verdes, and admiring her view from the deck of her house, but that is the only memory I have of her. It is nice to see relatives you hadn't seen in years, but at the same time, it is a shame that it takes a funeral to bring family members together like that. It is just too bad we can't see each other more often.

It is quite windy and rainy today and the lights have been flickering a little. I had to take down my wind chimes this morning because they were driving me nuts! So, I better end this while I can before the power goes out and I have to type the whole danged thing over again - hehe.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger