Wednesday, March 01, 2006

American Idol recap - the guy's turn

Well, American Idol just wrapped up. Out of all of the guys, 3 stood out for me: Gedeon, Elliott and Chris.

Gedeon totally surprised me with his performance. He really has a good voice, and I found myself really liking him. He was a lot better than he was last week.

Elliott gave a completely awesome performance. His vocals were right on. I absolutely loved it!
But Chris....he was the man tonight. His rendition of Fuel's "Hemorrhage (In my hands)" just rocked. (Ok, so it's not metal or punk like I normally like, but his voice just rocks!). Judging by his last 2 performances, I think he is well on his way to winning the whole thing.

In my opinion, Kevin's rendition of "Heard It Thru The Grapevine" was just boring, and David's performance of "The Way You Look Tonight" was yawnnnnnn. And the fact that I like those 2 songs in their original forms doesn't make it any better. You can't sing a song that I really like (like Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight") and sing it ho-hum like that. Boring!

Ace, who I normally like a lot was kinda ho-hum tonight too. And Taylor, who sang a song I like, "Easy Like Sunday Morning," was verging on the edge of boredom, too. I kept expecting him to suddenly burst into some good vocals that left me stunned, but nope. It was another yawn.

Will, the Bobby Brady lookalike, was actually pretty good on "Lady" by Kenny Rogers, but it wasn't brilliant. Still, it did show off his good vocal tone. He has a lot of potential.

And Bucky, the southern rocker, was decent on "Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks, but, again, it wasn't the best.

Jose, who sang a Stevie Wonder song, just wasn't that great either.

I think, judging by tonight's performances, it will be Jose and David who get the boot, although Taylor's future is looking rather dismal too. Kevin's performance was weak, too, but the girls like him so I doubt he'll get the boot just yet.

We shall see tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Netter said...

I'm big Chris and Elliot fans but I have to admit I was very sad that Taylor didn't do a better job. It was painful listening to Ace sing that song. Overall, the guys better step it up. The gals too, I think they are all pretty boring, except Chris...I've never been bored with anything he has sang...so far anyway. This season is kind of boring so far.

Kimberly said...

I agree with you on the boring part. I hope the contestants get more jazzed and spice it up some before I fall into a coma.

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger