Tuesday, April 11, 2006

American Idol recap ... and stuff

Tonight's American Idol was all about Queen songs. Overall, I think the contestants did well. There were a few exceptions.

Bucky's rendition of "Fat Bottom Girls" was just so-so. I thought he sang it too rushed and too country-ish. Kellie's version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" was just ick. The judges said she did well, but obviously they weren't hearing it all (As Cyndi said, she looked and sounded like Ashlee Simpson - which was just about right). I did not like Ace's version of "We Will Rock You" at all. It sounded too karaoke-ish to me.

Taylor's rendition of "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" was kind of up and down. I liked the last part. He made it rock out there. But the beginning was only so-so. Paris did fairly well on "The Show Must Go On." I think she did a decent job.

The 3 performances that were the best tonight, in my mind (and to my ears), were Katharine, who sang "Who Wants To Live Forever," Elliot, who sang "Somebody To Love," and Chris, who sang "Innuendo" (I think that is what it was called). He rocked it out.

My bottom 3..... Bucky, Kellie and Ace. Once again, I am gonna say that Ace needs to leave. His whiney voice needs to be put to rest (even if he does have great hair - lol).

On a side note, I just wanna say that I love the Fox tv show, House. Hugh Laurie is freakin' de-lish. He has that rugged handsomeness that I just can eat up. He is brash and opinionated and very outspoken. He is definitely a bad boy with a good heart. I love it! Plus the show is just good. Watch it. You will see.

And another side note which is totally unrelated to anything I just wrote....I love the new throw blanket I bought today for my couch. It is soooooooooo cumfy and soft. I wanna wear it to work (but I know I would get fired if I did - lol). That is how cumfy and soft it is. I got it at Mashalls (my old home). I hadn't been in that store in a long, long time. I am in love with my blanket!!! LOL! (I am such a nut).

Another side note.....Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband had a baby boy and they named him .......brace yourself....Moses. Well, at least they didn't name him something like Squash or Melon or some other veggie or fruit name. But still. C'mon! People! Wake up! Name your kid something nice and normal. It is not a competition to come up with the weirdest names you can possibly come up with (remember Jason Lee's kid, Pilot Inspektor or Penn Gillete's little girl, Moxie Crimefighter? UGH!). These kids have to live with these names for the rest of their lives. Moses was all fine and good in Biblical times, but how many Ezekiel's, Malacchi's and Zebediah's do you see around these days???

I know I am ranting, but I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning and just knowing that I am gonna have to go get my teeth and gums scraped with that horrible metal hook thingy they use just puts me in a bad mood. I can feel the pain already.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger