Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Deep thoughts

Yes, I am blogging again. I find it is sometimes just good to vent or get things off your chest when they happen or else be stuck with those thoughts for the rest of your day, which just causes more bad thoughts!

My mom called me a little earlier to tell me she found out her sister is in the hospital and has been there since Saturday. She has ovarian cancer and has been putting up the good fight for over 3 years now. It seems now she is losing the fight. There just aren't many more options for her at this point. My mom, of course, is upset. She actually called me to ask me what would I say to her if I called her. I don't know what I would say. What would you say to someone who is dying? I was never good with words, and I am still not. I haven't a clue on what to say. I just told her to maybe tell her something funny about their childhood or something interesting in the news, to kind of get her mind off of her illness. I feel so inadequate! I would never make a good therapist - lol.

I haven't seen my aunt Marge since my uncle Gump's funeral a few years ago. I hope to see her again before it is too late. My brother and I both encouraged my mom to go visit her, as she was reluctant to do it. I don' t know whether it is because the 2 of them have never been that close or if she was just afraid, but she finally did go visit her and my uncle Martin a few weeks ago. Now, with this latest news, I am sure she is glad she did. I didn't get to go since I was working.

It is way too often that we take people for granted. We think they will always be there. But often things happen that take people out of our lives...whether it be moving away, a feud, or death...and we find ourselves wishing that we would have spent more time with those people and regretting not having done so. I felt that way with my grandma. I still miss her (today would have been her 86th birthday), and wish to God that I would have spent more time with her. We can all wish we had spent more time with people. The trick, I guess, is actually doing it.
Never put off til tomorrow what can be done today. I have heard that somewhere. I think it is like a famous quote or something. But those words sure do ring truer today than they ever have.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger