Tuesday, April 11, 2006

No complex thoughts for me today

Well, it is Tuesday, and I am at work, despite still feeling blah. Looks like I am not the only sicko though, since 2 people in my unit called out sick today, which leaves just me. I anticipate a very bad day. Very bad indeed. I tried to eat some toast this morning, but it just tasted bad to me, but the 7-Up tastes ok. My appetite is still almost nonexistent, but I did manage to eat the toast anyway. Blah, blah, blah.

It is raining outside. It rained yesterday, too. It is supposed to clear up tomorrow, but will be back for the weekend. I guess the rain is making up for the dry winter we had. And it is making up for it in abundance.

I watched a show on the Travel Channel last night about how they make and print money. It was pretty interesting. It takes them up to 8 months just to do the etching each president's portrait. The etcher has to work in reverse and using a magnifying glass to see, as each cut into the etching can be no deeper than the width of a human hair. Talk about a job that requires patience! They showed the whole process from the making of the paper pulp to the inking of the engraving plates to the final cut. It was really cool and it shows you just how much of a painstaking process it is to make money. They also said it is very profitable as each bill, no matter the denomination, takes only 4 cents each to make. So basically, on a hundred dollar bill, you're talking about a $99.96 profit. It did get me to wondering how we can have such a big defecit if they can print money just like that and turn such a big profilt. They should be able to pay off that deficit in no time flat! (things that make you go hmmmmmmm). I suppose there is more to it than that, but my simple mind won't allow complex thoughts right now.

I am so tired. I actually slept pretty well last night (thanks to Tylenol PM), but yet I am sleepy. And I am starting to feel queasy again. Damn that toast!

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger