Wednesday, May 03, 2006

It was an American I-dull night

Overall, last night's American Idol was, well, dull. I did not like either of Taylor's performances, especially not his first, "Play That Funky Music." It sounded like a karaoke or wedding singer performance and was just hokey. And his second song, "Something" by The Beatles, nearly put me to sleep. Yawn.

I liked Elliot's second song, "Home," well enough. The vocals were good, but the song, borrrrrrring. I missed his first performance though (due to the lines at Wal Mart - lol).

I also missed Paris's first song. Her second song, "Be Without You," by Mary J Blige, was decent. It actually wasn't half bad. Still, I think she is going to be in the bottom 2.

Katharine started off on a bad note by singing, "Against All Odds." The runs and the weird notes and ups and downs she tried to put into the song just didn't work and it came off all wrong. I did like her second song, "Black Horse and The Cherry Tree," even though I had never heard it before. It was one of the best performances of the night.

Chris, well, he just rocked. His first song, "Renegade," was just amazing. I loved it. I was not such a big fan of the original song, but when he sang it....wow. Great job. His second song, "I Dare You" by Shinedown, was ok. Not the best. In fact, it was pretty avaerage. But his first performance was so good that it more than made up for the second song.

So, all in all, it was not a stellar night. Still, Chris rocked. I think the bottom 2 will be Paris and Elliot. I think Paris may have sang her last song on American Idol last night. I see her going home.

1 comment:

Netter said...

I liked Elliots frist song...not bad at all.

Katharine's first song sucked the big one..the second was much better...they have been playing that song on the radio a lot out here. I hav no idea who sings it though.

I always enjoy Chris...I think he was just pushing his voice in the second song...but its all good.

I didn't enjoy Paris' first song and the second was better but i'm not feeling it. I think she will go...or Katharine.

Taylor...I don't know, I like his energy and there are times when he isn't running all over the place when I really like his singing. I kind of enjoyed hearing his second song. The first one was fun but only because it was funny seeing him do that song.

I think one of the girls will go this week.

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger