Tuesday, May 02, 2006

What part of "illegal" do you not understand?

Ok. So yesterday was this supposed huge boycott, some call "A Day Without an Immigrant." I really didn't see much of an effect here in town, except for a few businesses closed (Los Tacos, I hate you) and a few cars displaying a Mexico flag (I also saw some cars with a US flag on them, too though). So, what's the deal? Personally, I have no problem with immigration, provided it is done LEGALLY. (hello...what part of ILLEGAL do you not get??) If you are going to come here to America and expect all of these benefits, then do it right...do it legally. People who come here illegally and expect to get benefits and then threaten to do harm to the country and the country's ecomony if they don't get their way should be packed up and sent back to their native country. I don't care if you're Mexican, Irish, German, Indian......whatever. Respect the laws of the country and represent the country you live in or get the hell out. I am positive that if I went over to Germany and demanded to be given benefits and to be treated like a German citizen, they would laugh in my face and probably put me in jail, and then deport me. There are reasons we have laws and reasons we have a process for immigrants to go thru to become legal....anyone heard of 9/11 ?? I just don't understand what right these illegal immigrants have to protest when they are here ILLEGALLY. (again....the word is ILLEGAL - look it up). I have no problem with legal permanent residents or persons who have begun the process to become legal. I say, "way to go." I give major props to anyone who has become a naturalized US citizen. That test is tough (lol). But I have no sympathy for people who are not making some sort of attempt to gain legal immigrant status, and who are sitting around expecting the US to grant them benefits and welfare and give them driver's licenses and all of the other benefits that the legal immigrants and US citizens have worked to have.

I know, some people are gonna hate me for saying that or think that I am some sort of racist or something. But to anyone who knows me, I am not a racist. I am far from it. I just think that anyone who breaks the law should be punished. And people who are here illegally have broken the law and should be given no rights. As they say, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." I didn't write the laws, but I respect them. And anyone who lives in this country or wants to come to this country should do the same.
There. My rant is done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right ON Common sense and logic must provial

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger