Monday, June 05, 2006

Ahh Choo

Well I thought the spring allergies had bypassed me, but no such luck. This weekend, they came back on in full force. Sneezing, itchy throat, sinus headaches...the works. When it comes to having luck, I have none at all.

I don't think my little day trip up to Carrizo Plain and Mt Pinos yesterday helped in the matter either. It was kinda breezy out in Carrizo. All of the wildflowers are gone. Now it is all brown. I didn't see any snakes up there this time (although I did spot a rattlesnake in the road on the way up to Mt Pinos). I did see a few jackrabbits and a bunny rabbit that was lying in the shade taking a break from the sun (it was pretty warm up there). He didn't even move when I went near him. I think, since I saw him at the Visitor Center, he is used to people being around. Plus, it was probably so hot that he didn't have enough energy to move - lol. I also saw a roadrunner behind the Visitor Center, but he took off as soon as he saw me. The worst thing about Carrizo Plain right now is the locusts. It is like there is a plague of them up there! Yuck!

At Mt Pinos, it was a different story. It was nice and green and there were still some wildflowers up there (lupine and poppies). The weather was beautiful. It was warm but not hot, and there was a little bit of a breeze. I took a short walk down a trail, since it was getting late, and then went back down to my car and drove home. Of course, it was hotter than heck back in B-Town.

I didn't sleep much last night, since my asshole neighbor played his loud music last night at 3 am. I don't know what is up with that dude. He must never work. I just don't get why the hell he needs to have his music that loud in the first place. I was so pissed, but so tired at the same time, and I just didn't have it in me to fight about it last night. I just tried to go back to sleep, and debated about sleeping in the living room on the couch. I finally went to sleep, but was woken up again at 5 am to loud music again. GRRRRR! So now, I am sleepy and grumpy. My joints hurt and my head feels like it is stuffed with cotton or something. I am not a happy camper.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger