Thursday, June 22, 2006

Had a bad day...

Now, I hate that song "Had A Bad Day", which annoyingly played on every American Idol results show and on the radio like every 5 minutes, as much as the rest of you, but that was my theme song for yesterday. Ugh. What a day. I tell you, I haven't had that much pain in a long time. Every fiber of my being ached and I had this annoying tingling sensation throughout my body. It felt like I had been beaten up or hit by a car. Yeah, I had a visit from my "friend," fibromyalgia yesterday. And that is one "friend" I don't wanna see again! As soon as I got home, I took some painkillers and lied down on my bed and didn't get back up for a few hours. I surrendered to the pain. I was done.

On top of the joint pains from arthritis which plague me from time to time, I also get the muscle aches and tender spots on my body that make even a simple hug painful. Plus the dreaded fatigue which has turned me into a zombie lately. Then there is the "brain fog." The thing that makes me temporarily forget people's names or things I have known for a long time (no, this does not excuse me from my lack of basic mathematical skills - that is just from plain stupidity on my part - lol). Last night, as I was lying in bed, I was trying to remember a friend of mine's last name, and for the life of me, I couldn't. It frustrated me to no end! But, no, I am not losing my mind or developing Alzheimer's. It is just "brain fog," a symptom of fibromyalgia. I didn't even know that it was until I did some reading up on it a few days ago, and was SO relieved to know that I am not losing my mind. WHEW!

Today is starting off better than it did yesterday. I knew from the moment I woke up yesterday that it was gonna be a bad one. I didn't have that feeling this morning, so I am hoping my gut instinct was right and that I have a good day today

Of course, it is still gonna be HOT outside today (supposed to be 105 today and it is already 93 outside - ugh). I am SO not leaving the building for lunch. I am staying right the hell here. Screw the sun! Screw summer! lol.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger