Monday, August 07, 2006

We don't need no stinkin' labels!

For a Monday, today is not too bad. Had an ok weekend. Just spent it doing some shopping and a whole lot of relaxing.

I was watching TV last night and found myself being annoyed at all of those stupid parental warnings they show on every friggin' program. I don't have kids myself (although the issue of whether or not I am, in fact, just a big kid, is still being debated) so why should I be subjected to these lame things? So there's some profanity. So what? Does it really matter whether I say "shit" or "fecal matter"? I know for a fact "fecal matter" does not get bleeped out on tv, yet "fecal matter" and "shit" mean the same thing. Frankly, "fecal matter" sounds a lot more disgusting than "shit." But why are only certain programs subject to these "parental control" thingy-ma-bobs? Hell, if South Park has some lame TV-MA rating on it, then I want to see the 6 o'clock news get some of those ratings, too. Lord knows there is more violence on the news than anywhere else. And while they're at it, let's start putting some "stupid" ratings on programs. Like TV-IQ (watching this program may lower your IQ), TV-ICBIWT (I can't believe I'm watching this), or TV-MTV (moron television - a rating for every program they show on MTV), and TV-TTC (turn the channel - especially useful for Steven Seagal movies). They should also have stupidity labels for music. If they had invented them, it would have saved the world from the likes of The Spice Girls, Britney Spears and Michael Bolton.

If we are going to label everything, why not do it right?

2 comments:

yasser said...

yes, i find most of the ratings here pretty stupid too...

Netter said...

I completely agree with you. I checked out your vaca pics...nice trip. Thanks for the postcard. I love it and plan on posting it soon.

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger