Friday, December 03, 2004

The Joys of Apartment Life

Ok, so apartment life is not THAT bad. There are worse things that living in an apartment....a root canal, being stuck in Los Angeles traffic, having pneumonia....yeah, those are definitely worse. But living in a small, little place where you can't paint the walls or change that uglier-than-sin carpet is not so great either. For one thing, you usually get stuck living next to the noisiest person in the world, who has no concept of volume control and has completely forgotten the fact that MOST people, contrary to his/her belief, do not like to listen to extremely loud spanish music, and especially not at 2 am. I have had 2 such neighbors in these last few years I have lived here. The one who lives next to me actually has toned his act down considerably....probably due to the fact that people have complained about him to the manager (no, it wasn't me!). The one who now lives below me likes to turn his spanish music on full blast at 7 am and 2 am...whichever he feels like doing. I guess he doesn't have to work in the morning or something...unlike me. And not only is the music extremely loud, but it also makes my floor vibrate. Now normally, things that vibrate are good. But not in this case. It would be so nice if people could be just a little considerate, but then, I think that would be asking too much! The next thing that bugs me about apartment living is the parking. Now we are all designated a parking spot that has our apartment number right above the spot. But, inevitably whenever someone new moves in, they end up having friends over and they don't inform them that they cannot park in OUR spots. The last thing I wanna do when I get home from work is to see a car parked in my spot, which of course, SHOULD be empty, since I am the only one who is supposed to park there. Oh, and then there are the cars who have those alarms on them that go off ALL night long....like now! I can hear someone's alarm going off. It is the second time tonite that it has gone off. But I digress. Also, the walls in this apartment are very thin, and people often forget this. You would be surprised at what kind of things you can hear through the walls! I guess what really bugs me the most, is the fact that I live alone, and it gets pretty lonely sometimes....and scary even. I mean, the other day I knocked the lamp off the ceiling and it hit me on the back of the head. I am surprised I didn't give myself a concussion! (those who know me, know I am a klutz, and weren't at all surprised when I told them this story) I could just imagine having something heavier hitting me and knocking me out and me just laying on the floor for hours until I woke up....IF I woke up at all. I have also nearly choked on a crouton (don't ask) and could just imagine if I had choked to death in my apartment and no one even knowing I was missing.I can see the headline now...."Death by crouton. Story at 11." You see those shows on tv where people smell something nasty coming from a house or apartment and then come to find that the person who lived in the smelly apartment (or house) had been dead for days...weeks even. As morbid as that sounds, it is something I have thought about, especially after that near-crouton-choking incident. It would be nice to have someone there when I had a nightmare (as I often have) or when I have one of those freaky-scary low blood sugar attacks. It would just be nice to be able to come home from work and have someone there to massage my feet. That is all I want in life. Someone who loves me enough to massage my stinky feet. Well, it is almost 2 am, and no sign of my neighbor's music tonite. Thank goodness for small miracles. I better get some sleep before he wakes up and turns it on...

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger