Monday, April 11, 2005

Ahhhh chooooo



I had a great weekend. Went bowling on Saturday night. Chris beat me in both games (of course)...Game 1....Chris 98, me 95...Game 2...Chris 187, me 119. I had fun, even though I lost both times - lol. We took a drive to Guadalupe on a road I had never been on before and went down to the sand dunes. The waves were really rough, and there weren't any surfers there, but there were quite a few fishermen. Then we went to Pismo Beach and Shell Beach on Sunday. The weather was beautiful, all was nice and sunny, but a touch on the cold side. We went out to breakfast and then walked along the pier on Pismo Beach and watched the surfers, and a few seals that were swimming in the waves. A sea otter was swimming right below us and was busy trying to get his lunch open. You could hear the sound of him slamming the shell on the rock on his stomach. Pretty clever animals, those otters. It was so cute.

Took a drive to Shell Beach, too, and stopped along the road to watch the ocean for a bit. The water makes such a loud noise as the waves crash onto the shore. It is so easy to see why people in earlier times thought that the ocean was the end of the earth. It looks like it goes on forever.

Later, we went to Boomers and played some Skee Ball and then went mini golfing. I hadn't been mini golfing in about 2 years. This was my 2nd time ever playing (the 1st time I went, oh my gosh...I did horrible - lol). I actually got a hole in one on one hole. I was amazed. Chris was amazed. The people behind us were amazed - lol. I had a lot of fun, even though I lost. Losing seems to be something I am good at - hehe. After that, we went and got ice cream at Cold Stone. I had this concoction called Birthday Cake something Remix - it was soooo yummy!!! You can check out Cold Stone at http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/secondary/creation.asp. It was very sweet, but ...wow. lol

Yeah, it was a great weekend. But as it was getting later last nite, I knew I was coming down with something. I didn't end up leaving Santa Maria til after 10 pm. I was really tired and starting to get all stuffed up. By the time I got home, I was completely stuffed up, to the point where I could not even breathe through my nose (I was sneezing all the way home). I could not sleep last nite because of the itch in my throat and I was coughing, so I stayed home today and slept most of the day. I am still all stuffy and achey (I think my brother gave me his cold! ugh!), but feeling better...finally! At least I have all this candy and stuff that Chris gave me for my birthday - mmm ....caramel!! Gotta love the caramel! So, here I am....sucking on throat drops and drinking juice, coughing and blowing my nose. But, at least I had a good weekend. Kinda makes it all seem better :)

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger