Thursday, April 14, 2005

My head is about to explode...you have been warned

Today was the worst day at work I have had in a while. You know that old saying, "What can go wrong, will go wrong" ? Well, it was very applicable today. The afternoon was not much better than the morning. We got 3 overflow appointments today, so the poor trainees had to work their asses off, but then, that is what a normal day in intake would be like. I just tried my best to keep everyone sane and offered up some humor by telling them that they were just getting a little glimpse into their future at work. This made them laugh, but it was more of a nervous laugh - lol. Poor them. I feel for them. I was new once, too. But, now I am the mentor and am supposed to keep myself grounded and positive, which I usually do a good job of. But, at times, I found myself getting grumpy when people came over to me when I was on my break or at lunch and wanted a question answered. Of course, we got a late overflow appointment at 4:15 today, and it could not be processed in time for the woman to get her food stamp card today, so she will have to pick it up on Monday. Oh well. And then there was a problem with another food stamp card, and I didn't know what was wrong with it, so I asked Lydia, and she told me. It bugs me when I don't know the answer to something. It really does. Hopefully Loraina will be back tomorrow ! (please let her come in to work tomorrow! lol)

If I had any alcohol in the house, I would be drinking some right now, but I don't. But I do have ice cream - hehe.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger