Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Another day, another 50 cents

Well, today, so far, has been ok, but then it is only 9:30 am - lol. Who knows what the rest of the day will bring. On the good side, I can FINALLY taste and smell again, and boy that donut I had this morning was the best donut I have ever tasted - lol. It is amazing just how much we take our senses for granted. I was just so happy yesterday when I went to my parents' house after work to do my laundry, and I could actually smell the laundry detergent. My brother has pneumonia, and both of my parents have colds right now, so the house was noisy with people blowing their noses and coughing - lol. I still have not heard whether or not Cyndi had her baby, so I guess that means she is still preggers. She was due on the 20th of this month, but due dates are never really that accurate. My mom said my brother was due in mid June and he wasn't born until July 25th. So either the doctor was off on the due date, or he did not want to come out - lol.

I read that they are planning on taking cold medications off the shelf at Wal Mart and Target in the near future, and putting them behind the counter so that the pharmacist has to ring you up there at the pharmacy counter. This is supposedly because of of certain stupid fools using pseudoephedrine (or however that is spelled) to create methamphetamine (or however that is spelled - why must they make drug names so darned hard to spell??) I guess this is a good idea, in a way, but the logic behind it doesn't make sense. That would be like Home Depot having steel products behind the counter because some people use them to make pipe bombs and the like. I don't think a person buying one box of Sudafed is much to worry about, but I WOULD be wary of someone buying 10 boxes at a time (unless they were REALLY sick). I really doubt this will stop people from making meth. I don't think anything will ever stop people from making illegal drugs as long as there is money to be made in it. It just ticks me off to think that if ran out of Sudafed in the middle of the night, that I would have to wait til morning to get it, because the pharmacy counters at Target and Wal Mart typically close before the store does. Of course, there are other stores that carry cold medicines, but I wonder how long it will be before all the stores follow suit. But, nevermind me. I just had to find something to rant about this morning.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger