Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Hi, welcome to Sonic

Today has started out pretty good. The sun was shining when I got up. I saw my neighbor walking to his car as I walked to mine, and he smiled at me and waved and I smiled and waved back. No one cut me off as I was driving to work. My boss brought cinnamon rolls and strawberries for all of us in our unit. Debbie gave me a piece of chocolate cake that someone made for Secretary's Day (for those PC people...Administrative Professional's Day), and it was yummy. So I didn't even have to buy breakfast this morning. I fixed a case for someone who was having trouble with it. The telephone company is coming by my place this morning to fix the phone line, so HOPEFULLY I will have a working phone when I get home. So, yeah, this morning has started out pretty good :)

I am thinking about going to El Pollo Loco for lunch. They have yummy Pollo Bowls and churros. I don't think I am gonna go to the Sonic on 23rd Street for a while. Seems like I always have trouble there. Once, I nearly hit one of their employees when she walked out in front of me without looking. Another time, they gave me the wrong drink. Another time, I was in the danged drive thru line for 20 minutes. And then last time I went, I got into it with someone who was being a royal beeeyach about trying to back out of a parking spot. I was sitting in my car in the drive-thru line, which, at lunch time, usually extends pretty far back and does block in some of the cars that are parked. But this is not my fault. So there I was, sitting in my car listening to the new Weezer cd that my brother got for me, when the guy who was parked in a parking spot near my car decided he wanted to go...NOW. So, he honked his horn and looked at me and at the driver of the car behind me. Well, there were about 4 or 5 inches seperating the front end of my car from the bumper of the car in front of me, so there was no way I could move up. The guy behind me did back up a little for the irate driver of the parked car to back out, but he still could not back out without hitting my car. So, he was getting mad, and kept backing up inch by inch til he was almost touching my car with his. His pregnant girlfriend got out of the car, apparently to "direct traffic" or something, and when the driver backed up another inch or so, this is how the conversation went:

I said, "Shit!"
She said, "Well, don't get an attitude!"
I said, "Well tell your boyfriend to make sure he doesn't hit my car."
She said, "He ain't gonna hit your car, bitch."
I said, "Come again?"
...silence...
I said, "That's what I thought."
She said, "Well if you moved your car..."
To which I abruptly cut her off by saying, "Well I would move it if I could, but as you can clearly see, if I moved up anymore, I would be in that guy's back seat."
...silence...

She looked at my car, then glanced back at her boyfriend, and then got back in the car. I overheard her and her boyfriend saying things like "stupid bitch" and "fucking asshole", and other very, very intelligent phrases, and I could not help but to think that their poor baby was going to have a very interesting childhood. I thought about saying something like, "If you hit my car, I will cut off your food stamps," but I decided against it. I thought that was a tad too tacky, even for them. Soon I was able to move up, and the boyfriend backed up his car, and flipped me the bird as he drove off in a a huff. I just paid them no attention, and continued listening to the cd. As I always say, never underestimate the stupidity of people. And never, under any circumstances, expect people to act their age. Ever.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger