Friday, May 27, 2005

Flat tires suck!



Ok, so maybe it doesn't qualify as road rage, exactly. But when I got off from work, all happy that I was getting off early, I got out to my car only to find that the right front tire was completely flat. Upon closer inspection, I saw that there was a screw stuck in the side of the tire. UGH! What a way to start out the weekend. Luckily, since I am such a nerd, I keep an air compressor in the trunk, so I was able to inflate the tire so that it was driveable. It was so hot outside that I wasn't about to fool around with putting the spare on (not that I can do it anyway - lol - plus, I tried calling my folks and no one was home - lol). I drove to the Chevy dealer, but the guy told me they don't fix flats there. UGH! So I drove to this place my parents always go to when they need a flat fixed or their tires rotated, etc. Of course, the flat wasn't fixable (something about the screw being embedded in the sidewall or something), so I had to pay for a new tire. Of course, he didn't have the tires I have on my car in stock (those were like $87), but he had another one and he charged me $55 for it, which wasn't too bad I thought. On the plus side, the guy told me that I was purty (LOL! maybe he wanted a tip - lol). Sometimes I feel like the force is against me. I mean, I have had my car since 2001 with no flats til this year...this is the 2nd one I had this year. Oh well. At least it got fixed and I can drive it again. If nothing else, I learned that keeping an air compressor in your trunk is a good idea (even if it does seem like a slightly pessimistic thing to do - lol)

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger