Monday, February 21, 2005

Friends are the best

Friends are what make life a little easier to handle. They make the sun seem to shine a little brighter. They make the good days seem to last longer and the bad days seem to fly by. They are what make the world a better place, and you all the better of a person for having known them.

I have known my best friend Cyndi since I was about in 3rd grade. We were in Girl Scouts together. We have been through a lot together. I remember having sleepovers and riding bikes together...the times we put on our little productions of "Grease 2" for no one in particular....the gymnastics performances we would put on...swimming in the pool all day in the summer....building forts in the river bed...fighting over some silly thing or another that seemed so important to us at the time....scary bedtime stories and horror movies.....Stephen King books and the old Atari games we used to play....Girl Scout badges and day camp in the summer....and of course, the "haunted" deserted gas station that is now a Mc Donald's (by the way, I have been to the Mc Donald's and I have never witnessed any hauntings - lol). Those memories sure make me smile.

When I moved away in 7th grade, I was so sad to leave. I thought I would never see Cyndi again. But despite the distance, we stayed friends throughout it all. We wrote letters to each other, some phone calls when we could, and had a few get togethers over the years. We kind of lost touch for a while after high school, but now that we have found each other again, we have kept in touch, despite her busy life (mine is sadly not so busy - lol). I was her maid of honor at her wedding, and I tell you, I have never been so proud of anyone in my life as I was of her that day, and even more honored to be the one whe wanted there at her side on her special day. I hope someday to make her my maid of honor, IF that time ever comes (lol).

I have had quite a few good friends come into my life since then, and all of them hold a special place in my heart....Alicia, Arlene, Veronica, Leif, Tom....they are all wonderful and special people to me, and each one of them brings something new and exciting into my life. Arlene is goofy and more serious and always has something funny to say. Alicia is wild and crazy, and yet very sweet and truly cares about people. Veronica is funny, smart, considerate and makes me laugh. Leif is caring and dorky and honest, and all-around wonderful. And Tom is funny and sometimes strange, but strange in a good way - lol. Each and every one of my friends has shown a new side of the world to me, and exposed me to new and exciting things, things I probably would have never seen or done myself. Every one of my friends is a treasure to me, and I can't think of a better gift than their friendship.

I may not be rich as far as money goes, but I think I am rich in other ways. I have a lot of friends who make me feel loved and cared about, and I think that is better than money in every way.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger