Tuesday, May 09, 2006

When it's hot, it's danged hot

It looks like summer is just around the corner. I was soooooo enjoying the nice low 80's temperatures, but now they are on the rise. The 90's have arrived, which means triple digits are not far behind. Ugh. I hate it when it gets so danged hot. The average highs in June, July and August are all in the upper 90's, but maybe this year it will be cooler. I can be optimistic can't I? When I am at work, I don't mind the hot weather. After all, I sit in an air-conditioned building for 10 hours a day, so I can't complain. However, when I go outside to get into my car to get lunch or to go home for the day, the car is like 120 degrees inside. Ouch! I hate it when I go to bed at midnight and it is still 90 degrees outside. I hate it when I wake up in the morning to go to work and it is already 85 outside. I hate summer!!! Let me rephrase that...I hate Bakersfield summers. Other places, like the beach, are perfectly wonderful in the summer. But Bakersfield....not only is it freakishly hot outside, but you also have to deal with "brown air" (smog). The smog is so thick here in the summer that you can't even see the mountains. And everyday the weatherman says that the air quality is "unhealthy" or "hazardous." Sure makes me wanna get out of bed in the morning!! I keep saying we have no air "quality" to speak of here. I guess it could be worse. We could have LA air - haha.

I guess I should stop complaining about how cold this building is. It just seems funny that I have to wear a jacket in here to keep warm. Sure, it feels good when you have just come into the building after driving to work or coming back from lunch, but after a little while it is just brrrrr!

On a side note, it's amazing what a difference a little more memory makes. I finally got around to installing a memory upgrade in my computer yesterday evening. I put it off because I thought it was gonna be a pain in the ass, but it only took 5 minutes. Now my computer runs so much faster. It is almost like having a brand new one. Blessed be the makers of memory cards. Blessed be!!!

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger