Thursday, March 31, 2005

Lewis Black discovers the end of the Universe.



"From the time in which man first gazed at the heavens until now, the belief has been that the end of the universe exists out in space. It doesn't. It's here in the United States. And oddly enough, it is in Houston, Texas. I know, I was surprised, too. There's a comedy club there called The Laugh Stop, and if you walk to the end of the block, there sits a Starbucks. And directly across the street, in the exact same building as that Starbucks, there is...another Starbucks. There is a Starbucks across the street from a Starbucks. And, gentlemen, that is the end of the universe. People have asked me, "How do you know this?" Well, go there. Stand between those two Starbucks, and when you look at your watch, time stands still. And what's truly amazing, if you turn and look just at one Starbucks, immediately you think,"You know, when I turn around, there can't possibly be a Starbucks behind me." If there's a just and loving God, how can he allow that to happen? So you turn slowly, thinking maybe there's a McDonald's there, or possibly an Exxon station or maybe a Gap...but there's another Starbucks! Many people have asked, "Are there too many Starbucks?" Well, now we know. Yes. When you build a Starbucks across from a Starbucks, the game is over. You can build no more. What I wonder about, is the gentleman who stood in the empty building, and looked across the street at the Starbucks , and then turned to his wife and kids and said, "You know? I have a vision. I'm going to build a Starbucks right here." "Why daddy?" "Because it will be known as the end of the universe." I wonder, who are the people that would need a Starbucks across from a Starbucks. What demographic could this possibly be? I thought about it long and hard, and I mean no harm by this, but it must be a community filled with people with Alzheimer's. Who else could it be? Someone who's sitting there, drinking a cup of coffee...finishes it and walks to the door... "Oh look! A Starbucks! You know, I think it's time I had a cup of coffee."

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger