Friday, April 01, 2005

tgif !

Thank gosh it's Friday. This week has seemed to drag on and on and on. Maybe it's because I actually had to work this Friday. I love the flex Fridays when we are off, but this Friday, I sadly find myself at work. At least next week we get Friday off. That is something to look foward too.

My doctor's appointment went ok yesterday, although the woman who drew my blood did a bad job and bruised up my arm. It is still sore. I think she was new. Figures I would get a new person. At least she was nice about it. Went and got my hair trimmed after I was done at the doctor's. It feels so much better now. This weekend, I am gonna color it again, as I noticed a bunch of new gray hairs. Ugh. I hate gray hairs. They look good on men, but not on me!

I almost got in a car accident yesterday on my way home from the doctor's. I just got off the freeway on Ming Ave and was in the right lane to turn onto Wible Rd, when a woman, who apparently didn't see me, started to merge into my lane, and into my car! I layed on the horn and slammed on the brakes, and luckily she took notice and got back in her lane. I almost ended up squished! She, at least, was nice about it, and waved and mouthed "I'm sorry." Normally, I would have rolled down my window and shouted a few obscenities at her and showed her my flip-off finger, but since she was nice and didn't yell at me (oh, if she had, it would have been ON!), I just went about my way, a little shaken, but none the worse for wear.

I posted Lewis Black's famous "End of the Universe" bit earlier, but I think I have, myself, found the end of the universe, and it is on White Lane right here in Bakersfield. For on this street, there is a place called Shear's Sports Bar, Hair Salon and Deli. I heard this commercial on the radio, and had to turn it up to make sure I was hearing right. Did they just say, sports bar, hair salon AND deli??? In the same place?? I found myself shaking my head in wonderment, amazed that someone actually came up with the concept of putting a sports bar, a hair salon AND a deli in the same place. I guess it is for people who just NEED to go get their hair done, eat a sandwich and have a beer and watch a game all at the same time. I am not sure about this. Either this is for very lazy people who can't fathom the idea of having to drive somewhere else to get a beer after they have their hair done, or for people who like to multitask. I am not to keen on the idea of going somewhere to eat where they also cut people's hair. I wonder if they charge extra for hair in their sandwiches.....just kidding - lol.

We are having a potluck at work today, and Molly made some kick-ass quesadillas (or as Napoleon Dynamite's grandma would say "kay-sah-dill-ahs" - hehe), and Nika made her self-proclaimed "famous" potato salad. Guess I won't have to be buying lunch today ;) Yummm. Just found out that Marcus didn't clean out the punch bowl before he got ice. Luckily I got some ice from off the top - lol.

Still no sign of Kelly. I wonder what she did with all of those hole-punch "droppings" she collected. They have got to be around here somewhere. She always pulls off pranks on April Fool's Day. She is being sneaky. I just know she will turn up eventually.

Don Perico's tonite! Happy hour, friends, free buffet...can't get any better than that.

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger