Saturday, April 02, 2005


Well, let's see...this week, both Terry Schiavo and the Pope died. The whole debate over Terry Schiavo is not even close to being over, as there is still bad blood between the two sides. It is a shame that the whole thing stopped being about Terri after she died. Now it has turned into a big old grudge. I wish they would just let her rest in peace. I am not gonna say any more on this, as I have already voiced my opinion over it. It was just a shame that they kept broadcasting her on the news all the time. Isn't there such a thing as privacy and dignity? Oh well. I can only hope my own family will respect my wishes if it comes down to that. As for the Pope, he was looking really bad in the last few months. It was obvious that it was only a matter of time before he was gone. Both he and Terri Schiavo are at peace now.

South Park was great this week. When it comes to Matt and Trey, they will never shy away from controversy, which is why I love their show. The whole episode this week was about the whole right to die issue. It was both humorous and biting, at the same time. At least, in the end, they respected Kenny's wishes and let him die (just in time to save the kingdom of heaven with his almighty PSP). South Park rocks!

My arm is still bruised from the blood test I got on Thursday. Damned trainees!

I saw The Haunting on tv last nite for the first time. It wasn't a bad film. Had some good special effects and all. But it wasn't that scary. I was expecting some scariness, but it just wasn't there. Some of the special effects were really lame (like the wooden carvings of the kids coming to life with their scared faces - it just looked too comical). But, the wooden kid face carvings were a bit spooky. I don't think I would want to lie in a bed that was surrounded by those. There is just something about dolls or carvings and statues of people that are just creepy, and messing with those in a movie is apt to garner some chills. It was an ok movie, I guess. Not great, but not in the same cheesiness class as Deadly Friend (which is a plus - lol).

The weather has been nice and sunny the last few days, bordering on hot almost. Too bad it won't stay this way all year long. That would be nice, but would never happen. Bakersfield.....where it's either too hot or too foggy. The weather here is only nice for a few weeks it seems. Better take advantage of em, cuz if you blink, you will miss it!

Daylight savings time starts tomorrow/tonite. I hope I remember to set my clock ahead an hour. (mental note....set clocks ahead an hour before I go to bed).

I think I am coming down with a cold. I feel like crap. Got a headache, which no amount of Tylenol can seem to stop. I stopped by Rite Aid on the way home from my parents' house and got Vitamin C drops and cough drops, and also some Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream, which is, in my opinion, the best ice cream flavor EVER! It is delish!

My flowers are all still alive. I am not a flower killer yet! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Terror Alert
Level

Click to Email me

(click on the envelope to email me)

adopt your own virtual pet!

adopt your own virtual pet!

online

well, have you?

pretty please?

Template Design By: Free Blogger Skins Blog Template modified using cu products by the following designers: Pixels and Ice Cream, Ashalee Wall, Bannerwoman, Chris Scrap, Kimb's Designs, Delicious Scraps, Cindy Doerksen, ACM Designz, Lolotte, Scrappin Cop, Julia Fialho, Thaty Borges, DigiWeb Studio, Teresa Taylor, TMS, One Scrappy Mom, Mitia Assef, Mercas Designs, DigiDesign Resort. Thanks!

Powered by Blogger